To keep up with the resolutions I listed in my last blog post, I need to keep blogging, make more terrain, and work towards a "Triples ready" version of Flashbang, amongst other things. So, to that end, my target for January is to paint my two Sarissa Precision buildings. I'll still have more work to do on them after this, but getting them painted is the first stage.
As we're almost halfway through January already I've got these underway, so let's have a look at what I've done so far.
I started by laying out all of the interior walls, then I used the paints that Andy had mixed for me to paint them and add two layers of drybrushed highlights. This took a long time but was very easy, so I was able to watch a couple of films while doing it...
|The walls laid out|
|Walls with a basecoat|
|This picture shows the levels of highlight I used - the basecoat is at the front, with the two layers of highlight behind.|
Having done the external walls, I moved onto the windows - using a basecoat of grey followed by a white drybrush.
|Grey basecoated windows|
|Windows with white drybrushing|
The internal walls with the windows painted were then glued into place on the external walls, and the overall effect looks pretty nice (even though it's ruined here by me lazily using my phone to take the pictures).
|The residential building|
I still need to do the interiors - I'm not sure what colours to use, because I want to keep the buildings appropriate for as many time periods as possible. This is actually going to cause a problem with flooring - a modern carpet will look out of place in the interwar period! Worrying about this too much is going to lead to madness though, so I think I'll just go for a modern look (to suit Flashbang) and pretend it isn't a problem for other times (which will probably be focused outside the buildings anyway).
I've got some ideas on how to make the outside looks of the buildings fit different games, but I'm saving those for another day...