Saturday 18 October 2014

Zomtober 2014 - This ain't no riot...

The third week of Zomtober comes to an end, and once more I've added to my heap of survivors, this time with a squad of riot cops.


As the outbreak started, the authorities were slow to realise what was actually happening, and many early reports were confused or misunderstood. 


For these unlucky officers, this led to their being deployed to deal with a "civil disturbance" - quite a euphemism for "the dead have risen and are eating people!"


The rest of the police contingent was wiped out - these four had been tasked with guarding a side street and managed to get away when they saw what was happening. Now they use their riot gear to good effect, as armour, helmets, shields and batons can be very effective against zombies when you know what you're doing!

These models are from Offensive Miniatures. I've had them for over three years, so it's good to finally get some of them painted (although I do have a lot more and a project in mind for them that I'd like to finally get to).

I actually used one of my mountain reduction challenge jokers to add some more mounted police to this bunch at Derby Worlds recently, so assuming I actually get to them, watch this space for more riot police in future!

10 comments:

  1. Nice survivors dude! Riot gear would be a great asset in a zom-poc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Novel choice for Zomtober- = good stuff. :)

    Very nicely done, and kudos on your week 3 achievement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice they do look marvellous. I must admit. I just have a handful of bobbies from Hasslefree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would rather be fending zombies off with their gear than regular civvie gear.

    Good work sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent, I must get some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done and great sculps. Great to see some survivors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid fellows indeed. Great Zomtober post. Nice to see the thin blue line taking a stand against the Zeds. Got some of these myself somewhere and must get them painted up at some point, Good to see survivors are out there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always loved the figures from Offensive Miniatures! These guys should have at least a better-than-average chance against the zombie hordes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go Police. The baton would welcome a stick to effectively stop the zombies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adding these to my post challenge purchase list! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete