Thursday 24 September 2015

Joker #2 Claimed!

I missed last week for blog updates, so now you get lots of Shaltari all at once. I imagine you couldn't be more excited.

That's right, it's more Shaltari, as my one-track mind continues to push me through dozens of tiny purple models. I've now completed everything from the starter set, which was my goal for my second challenge joker.

This includes the "spare" Haven Terragate, and an extra unit of Braves. These aren't counted in the starter set force, presumably to keep the starter sets at a similar points level, but you get the models, so I've painted them up. The Braves are actually on non-standard bases (generously provided by Kieron), but this doesn't really matter as infantry in Dropzone Commander is rarely on the board anyway - it's normally being transported or lurking in a building - so the bases don't matter too much.

So, the final bits painted for this are the super-fiddly Havens:

Wes calls these "bear traps". Can't think why.


And a unit of Braves:

Poor lighting strikes again.

I do still plan to make these bases look nicer later, but I'm going to keep getting more stuff table-ready first.

Stuff like these Yari scout vehicles!

Pew pew pew!

These were quite nice to do, as they were small but pretty heavily detailed.

Since I'd earned a Joker, I immediately spent it on more Shaltari, so once I have it all ready I can do a 1500 point force (or just have more choice at 1000 points). More on that to come no doubt!

Once more, let's look at my stats...

For 2015 so far:
Painted: 107
Bought: 59

And for the Challenge:
Painted: 50
Jokers Used: 3
Jokers Earned: 2

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. I need to get a move on if m going to get my Resistance done this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking! What you spent the joker on?

    ReplyDelete