Tuesday 1 September 2015

The Shaltari get started

Having completely exonerated myself regarding any suggestion that I should be posting more often (see the entirely reasonable explanation for more details), I can now move on to some details of my recent painting.

Before the Great Failure to Post, I intended to show you this, my first painted Shaltari model, a Tomahawk skimmer tank thing:


Thank you to the people suggesting I use a white backround!
This does definitely look better, even though I painted it.

It's got a back too. Don't listen to Pete when he complains
that I haven't highlighted the underside. There's no light under there!

I was after a bold, simple to replicate colour scheme that I could use to paint an army quickly. I've sort of managed that. It was quick enough to finish the unit of Tomahawks:

Now there's three of them!

But then I moved onto the big stuff, the Eden gates. These are biggish flying units, and I wanted to get them done (mainly so I could glue the bases together) but they ended up taking ages, despite my "simple" colour scheme...

I need a bigger white background!

Ominous, aren't they?
Still, they're done now, and I can move onto the rest. I have some of the infantry about halfway to being done (4 bases of them. This should be all of the infantry from the starter set, but there's actually another 2 bases' worth in there - it's just that they don't come with bases. This is presumably just so the points value of the Shaltari set isn't loads higher than the others, but it's a bit irritating as I really want more infantry. Alternative bases have been acquired (thanks Kieron!).) and have started the Kukri AA tanks as well.

Which is just as well, as I've got excited and bought some more bits - a Gharial command tank, some Yari scout things and some Spirit light gates. This uses another joker, but I'm hoping to finish the starter set and claim another one quite soon! This is good, as Partizan is next week and I might be tempted by something there.

So, what's that done to my scores? Let's take a look...

For 2015 so far:
Painted: 79
Bought: 54

And for the Challenge:
Painted: 22
Jokers Used: 2
Jokers Earned: 1

3 comments:

  1. They look good. It's a shame you won't get to play Dropzone Commander with these. It seems that the Shaltari play by a completely different set of rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still on the cusp of plunging into DZC, so very bit of inspiration helps. :)

    ReplyDelete