Monday 9 January 2017

Progess! And then... not that.

After my somewhat rocky start the other day in which I acquired 57 models without yet having painted any, my quest to take more models off the lead pile than I add to it in 2017 seemed under threat.

But then, I managed this!

Spaceship!

That's a Shaltari Emerald Mothership, part of my new Dropfleet Commander force. Given my self -imposed rules, it's fortunate that my pledge actually arrived in December, so I don't have to count lots of extra spaceships against my tally.

I've played two games of Dropfleet now, and it seems like a really interesting game. The orbital combat mechanics make for something with more meat to it than other space combat games I've tried, and dropping troops onto the surface from orbit is an extra added challenge. I have loads of models for this to go at, so you can expect more posts about this game to turn up.

Unfortunately, however, Kieron's pledge has also arrived, and so when I played him last night, he gave me his Shaltari sprues... which adds 8 models to the "acquired" column.

Also, just to nudge things just a touch further in the wrong direction, I need to complete the tale of Warlord Games orders. If you're following all of this very closely (and I can't think why you wouldn't be), then you'll know that my mother-in-law gave me £100 of Warlord vouchers for Christmas.

For some reason though, she wasn't confident that the voucher would work when she gave me the code. Don't know why, since she's given me the same vouchers before, but she emailed Warlord to check, and for reasons I don't really follow, got more confused and ended up calling them, at which point she was assured that all was fine. There it would have ended, but on boxing day she checked her email to find an apology from Warlord for the confusion, and an extra £20 voucher as a goodwill gesture - which she also passed onto me, since my mother-in-law unaccountably doesn't buy much from Warlord herself.

So, kudos to Warlord Games for their customer service, but all of this is a long-winded way of saying that I need to add yet another model to the pile, as I used the voucher to get a Char B1 bis to add to my Bolt Action French.

Mmmm... unassembled...
 So, I am at least off the mark in terms of painting, giving me a new tally of:

Painted: 1
Acquired: 66

My birthday is in two weeks. I fear the worst.

7 comments:

  1. Haha. It's not the worst problem to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's pretty and well done Warlord Games, nice touch, even if it does add to your woes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veruy nice work on the mothership. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete