Sunday 17 May 2020

Getting Terrain Locked Down

I've given it some thought, and I'm of the opinion that this whole "global viral pandemic" business is a right pain in the arse.

One of the more minor ways this has manifested is in the Wargames Illustrated 7TV day in July being cancelled - scarcely a surprise, but still an embuggerance. That's particularly the case as I'd been beavering away on terrain for the event.

Still, there will, of course, be other 7TV events at some point. So, eventually, all of this will be worthwhile again and I'll be able to break out the insane table I have planned.

Right, that's enough of that - the world already has an abundance of Coronavirus commentary, but at the same time is woefully under-supplied when it comes to pictures of terrain that I've painted. So let's attempt to redress the balance with this...

First of all, a ruined factory!



This is a Sarissa Precision kit I'd picked up about 18 months ago and never got around to, so it was particularly nice to get this done at last. Part of the challenge was finding somewhere to keep it - it's pretty massive.

Then, a satellite dish!

 

I really like this model. It's a Crooked Dice resin job, and in my experience those are always really nice clean casts. As I write this, I realise I should have taken a photo of it with a figure for scale. It's big!

Wow, that was informative.

Both of these things were big, but they only count as one thing each. Thus, the impact on my scores has been limited...

Painted: 19
Acquired: 77

Anyway. Since the 7TV thing has been cancelled, I'm going to do something else! So, watch out for that, whenever that happens. There's every possibility that the next post might make considerably more sense than this one.

2 comments:

  1. Both great, but I am really taken with that satellite dish -wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely thing, isn't it? I can see myself getting a couple more at some point to make some sort of installation.

      Delete