Thursday 6 August 2020

Contrasting Opinions

I've been at the contrast paints again.

This time, I'm trying them out with some German grenadiers. I have a lot of these lying around the garage so figuring out a quick way to get through them would be very nice indeed.

Here you go - five grenadiers...


I painted these using the colour scheme from this post on Wargaming 3D. It was good to have a guide to work from, but these don't really match the uniform colour of the (few) grenadiers I've already painted. I know that there were dozens of possible shades of field grey, so I've no problem in keeping these and mixing them into my force, but I'd like something on the greener side to match what I have already. So I'm going to have another go with a different shade next time - I have a colour in mind so I'll try that out, and of course will thrill you with the results here.

I also found time to get started on the models from Terminator Genisys: Rise of the Resistance. Here's the first set...


I had a bit of a dilemma around how to base them - a lot of the scenarios from the game seem to be indoors, but I also have my Terminator Genisys Miniatures Game stuff to match with, so in the end I went for the tarmac effect I've used for those.

It's this kind of fascinating insight that keeps people coming back here, I'm sure.

Any, score time. I've been given some 3D printed barbed wire thingies this week so the acquired total has gone up, which leaves me...

Painted: 118
Acquired: 118

... with a lead pile the same size as it was at the start of the year. Hurray!



3 comments:

  1. The Germans look good. I shall enjoy mowing them down in the streets of Berlin.

    Also, Terminators are always good for getting the numbers back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great to me, I have yet to give the contrast paints a go, but have been impressed with the results so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always turn to Vampire any time I want to. I became a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to anybody. at the snack of my finger things are made happen. I am now a Powerful Man and no one steps on me without an apology. I turn to Human beings also at any time I want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my Town. I became a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduced me into a Vampire Kingdom by giving me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete