Wednesday 15 February 2012

This is Norman, that's Norman, and have you met Norman and Norman?

February is the shortest month, so I was cutting it fine by giving myself the target that I did - to paint my existing Very British Civil War force, the Handsworth Volunteers, paint a unit for my new Saga Norman army, and add some sort of wild card too.

Well, you can see the Handsworth Volunteers posing in the last update - they need varnishing, and I'd like to touch up a couple of places, but I'm happy that they're done.

And now, for your delectation, a unit of Normans!

That "they're all called Norman" joke might be weak, but it's basically compulsory

The more eagle-eyed and Saga-rules-aware of you will have spotted that there's actually nine models here, and a unit need only be eight. There just happened to be an extra one on the desk as I was painting and he got swept along in the crowd. You'll also notice that so far they aren't based - that and a little more shield detail is all that remains on them, but I'm pleased with how they're looking now.

This leaves me just the wild card to do, and I already have plans there. With half the month left, things are looking good, but! A note of jeopardy has been introduced in the form of a hastily arranged business trip to Los Angeles next week (it's a hard job but someone has to do it, etc. etc.). This will cost me two weekends and all of the evenings next week, as well as forcing me to rearrange a club game, so things become a little harder again.

I'm enrolled in the Wargamers' Free Company Saga campaign with the Normans, and have a VBCW game planned for the beginning of March, so I'll have to turn something around. Stay tuned to see how I do.

In the meantime though, I'm feeling very good about the new year's resolutions! Don't think I've broken any just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment