Tuesday 20 January 2015

New Year, New Excuses

Yet again, a new year has begun, and yet again, I'm about 3 weeks late with the "hopelessly optimistic resolutions" post. Still, no time like the present, let's get stuck in!

First off, let's see how I did with 2014's resolutions...

1) Keep Painting and Blogging!
Well, I think I can say I've managed this, even if there was a bit of a gap here and there. I'm not above using the birth of my son in March as an excuse for doing less than I might have otherwise, but I'm pleased with what I have managed to achieve.

2) Play some of the games I've neglected
The aim was to play at least two of the following...
The Hobbit - Everything's still in the box, so that's a fail.

Force on Force - Success! I never got around to posting about this (that doesn't invalidate the first resolution, because I say so) but I did play a couple of starter games with Wes. I want to go back to this one, it's an interesting game that's fairly different to anything else I play.

Empire of the Dead - Nope.

All Things Zombie - Sort of. We did play a zombie game for halloween, but used Akula's Rules. It was really the using of zombies that was the goal here, so I'll call that a pass.

Warpath - No, which is a shame as it's a good game.

Kings of War - No. Again.

Gorkamorka - No. But I still keep the faith!

So, just scraped a success there. 

Not too bad then, but I didn't exceed expectations. I've decided this year to keep it even simpler. 2015's resolution is...

I will paint more figures than I buy!

I've just done a very quick tally through my blog posts. I think I painted about 40 28mm models (including two vehicles) and a few 6mm units. But I bought something like 75 28mm models, and some terrain, and some more 6mm stuff. So the lead pile got bigger in 2014! I want to reverse that trend. The Mountain Reduction Challenge thing should help (although I've been failing the "one blog post a week" part of that by a wide margin), but I want to carry that spirit on through the year. 

So far, for 2015, the tally stands at:

Painted: 8 models
Bought: 0 models

But Vapnartak is in a couple of weeks, so it may all go wrong there...

7 comments:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree that the birth (an subsequent world turning upside down) of a child is a worthy excuse haha! Good job on the successes! A word on the challenge, Chris and I have big plans for next years Mountain Reduction challenge so keep at it mate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you technically buy your Bolt Action French this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! Bought on the 29th of December!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Did you count them in the 70 you bought.

      Delete
    4. I did indeed. Others were the last levy box, some riot cops, and a few artizan bits for the partisans.

      Delete
  3. Any progress is still progress dude!

    ReplyDelete