On arriving at Pete's at the weekend for the latest installment of our Star Wars Imperial Assault campaign (almost every game of which so far can be summed up as "the rebels didn't move fast enough and therefore lost"), I was presented with an envelope, containing this card:
Which on the inside reads:
|I've just realised Pete wrote "the" instead of "this" on the last line. Loser!|
Alright, that is actually pretty funny. Although it is now imperative that the French win their first game against Pete this Saturday.
Unfortunately, there's a good chance that won't be the case, so I'm going to prepare my list of excuses now. Here goes:
- I'm severely limited in what I can take, since I've not got a huge amount painted yet. What I do have is a legal 500 point army, but probably not one you'd pick if you had free rein.
- It's the first time I've used the French, so I haven't developed an understanding of how to use them effectively yet.
- Pete may well give his officers and/or attendants StG-44 assault rifles, which weren't even designed until 1943, and my list is from 1940.
- I was distracted by a bird/moth/antelope/meteor at a crucial moment.
- The sun is in my eyes.
- We're playing at Pete's house so he has a home field advantage.
- I don't speak enough French to order my troops properly.
- I've put this army on bigger bases than my partisans, and it's thrown off my depth perception.
Yeah, something there should definitely cover it.
Oh, and I've painted some more models! Yet more French I'm afraid, so these pictures are starting to get a bit repetitive.
|If only they could understand what I'm saying.|
Totals so far for 2015: