Tuesday 16 June 2015

I'm running out of post titles that use the word "French"

Despite their suffering a humiliating defeat recently at the hands of Wes's Americans, I'm still keen on my Bolt Action French army.

This is a good thing, as I'm still painting them, too.

Here's the latest work in progress image for these guys...


I'd say they're about a third of the way through, and I've done the webbing and the backpacks, which are the most awkward bits for some reason.

As you can see I've doing a batch of six models, so when these are complete I'll have 4 more infantry, a mortar team and an officer left to do. The end is in sight!

4 comments:

  1. Almost finished the French?

    Say it isn't so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afraid so. I'll have to move onto Dropzone Commander! And then one of the other eleventy billion projects I have waiting in the wings...

      Delete
  2. I'm so enjoying this! Haha. What made you decide to do French? Or did you post your reasoning long ago before I started following you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back I don't think I have ever posted a reason. I had the France and Allies book for Bolt Action already so I could do a partisan force with the VBCW models I already had, but to get to the army list meant flicking past lots of other interesting armies. Once we were fairly committed to Bolt Action I wanted to do a regular force, but I didn't want to just stick to British, American or German, so to do something different I was looking at the French and Polish lists. I've already got a "one day" plan to do a Polish force based around an armoured train for Flames of War, so I thought I'd go with the French for Bolt Action - it seemed to be the "minor" power with the most options available anyway, so there's lots for me to potentially choose from to expand the army in future.

      Delete