Wednesday 26 July 2017

What time is it?

It's tiny purple spaceship time!

Yep, I've been painting Dropfleet Commander ships again. By this stage there's very little else for me to say about them, but I feel honour bound to list all of my painting efforts, so here we are. Let's all just stay strong, we can get through this.

Right, here we go. Deep breath.

First up, a couple of Opal frigates. These improve on one of the "interesting" features of the Shaltari, their ability to raise shields for extra protection, at the cost of being visible from much further away.

Ships with entirely fair special rules

When these ships are within 6" of a Shaltari vessel that has its shields up, they confer a re-roll. As you can imagine, this is incredibly well received by my opponent.

Also! I've painted some of these...

Ships with entirely fair close action weaponry
These are Amethyst cruisers. They have close action weapons that allow them to ignore enemy point defences, so although they can't attack at long range they're pretty nasty at close range. As a nice bonus, the Shaltari version of "close range" is the longest in the game. Although I haven't fielded these yet, I'm sure they will also be received in very good humour once they're on the table.

There now, that wasn't so bad, was it? Final thing to do is to look at the scores...

Sadly, there's a problem here. The Joy of Six show in Sheffield took place recently, and, well, I bought some stuff.

Specifically, a couple of 6mm buildings (no big deal) and a couple of packs of 6mm MDF wall. Sadly, there are 12 sections to a pack, so that's another 24 models to add to the count. Ooops.

With all that in mind, here we go...

Painted: 103
Acquired: 118

Aww, dammit.

5 comments:

  1. You do realise that due to this post, henceforth the Cheatari will be known as the Chico-tari.

    Also. I'm never playing you again.

    Well done though...

    ReplyDelete