Tuesday 16 July 2024

Sneak Attack

 I've done another thing, and thus must write another post. These are the rules, as it turns out.


This time, the thing in question is 02 Hundred Hours, the WW2 night raids game from Grey for Now Games. I've had this sitting around for 18 months and really wanted to play it, making the time it's taken me to get it ready for the table frankly astonishing.

The models that come in the box are Wargame Atlantic's European Theatre SAS and German Sentries, and the sprues allow for some very nice poses. So nice in fact that when I came to take some pictures of them and the terrain I've painted, I got carried away and posed up a little story, and I'm going to subject you to that now, I'm afraid.



On arrival at a German base, a staff car is checked by sentries...



...who are unaware that an SAS squad is watching them.



When the dust settles, the lone German survivor at the gate is taken prisoner.



Once inside the base, the Brits sneak past the headquarters...



...staying undetected as they pass the guards.



With the objective in sight, a lone trooper sneaks forward...


...and sets charges to destroy the enemy radar.


Their mission accomplished and the silence well and truly broken, the SAS make their escape under the cover of suppressing fire from the Bren gun.


SAS pose with their prisoner

Felgendarmes are surprisingly casual on finding several corpses

The sentries line up for a team photo


I'm particularly happy to have finally assembled and painted the radar station, which I think is from Sarissa Precision. I'm hazy on the details, mostly because I bought it from the Warlord Games Day in about 2012 and it's been lying around in flat-pack form ever since.

The rest of the terrain is mostly TT Combat stuff - simple models but extremely cheap and straightforward to put together. There are a few resin bits, including the bodies, from Grey for Now - these are nice but alarmingly expensive, especially as they appear to be (admittedly very high resolution) 3D prints.

Absolutely key information to finish this post - these are the contrast paints I used for these:

Germans

Uniform - Creed Camo
Gun stocks - Wyldwood
Skin - Guilliman Flesh
Boots - Black Templar
Puttees, helmet cover - Skeleton Horde
Pouches - Militarum Green
Gun barrels, Feldgendarme trousers - Basilicanum Grey
Dunkelgelb equipment - Agoras Dunes


SAS

Skin - Guilliman Flesh
Gun barrels - Basilicanum Grey
Smocks - Militarum Green and Creed Camo
Boots and knife hilts - Black Templar
Uniform - Snakebite Leather
Webbing - Agoras Dunes
Puttees - Skeleton Horde
Wool hats - Creed Camo










1 comment:

  1. Loved the picture story! I also invested heavily in this and have yet to play a game. I even went on to by the desert expansion which is essentially Artizan Design miniatures and have at least started to paint those, but my goodness me the mission creep has been staggering! Can't wait to see more of your chaps in action.

    ReplyDelete