Sunday 15 October 2017

Zomtober part 3

Zomtober's third Sunday is upon us! Let's see what I've come up with this time.

First of all, I needed to follow the rules and get a zombie or survivor painted. I decided to go with a zombie this time, and found this one lying around...

Mmmnnnurrrgh.


I think this is a Studio Miniatures one. I'm fairly sure Kieron gave me a sprue of these, some years ago. I decided to try and give this one a "hospital" look. I think really it should have short sleeves for infection control reasons, but I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that this doesn't have much effect on zombie plague either way.

Second, for reasons even I don't fully understand, I painted a portaloo (port-a-potty for the Atlantically challenged).

No reason to think you won't still get
caught short after the zombie apocalypse.


This is one of a set of two that I got from Fenris Games at some point in the distant past. It's a nice enough little piece of sight-blocking terrain, and it fits zombies as well as anything else, so there you go.

Finally, it's time for another frustratingly inconclusive glimpse of my overhyped secret project:

I feel like the Mastermind theme should be playing.

If that doesn't key you in to exactly what's going on, then frankly, nothing will.

Right then, what's that done to the scores? Let's find out...

Painted: 158
Acquired: 160

Almost back at "no impact whatsoever", so that's going well!

7 comments:

  1. Good stuff, Matt, and I like the "hospital look" of your zed. Some interesting pieces of scenery too, and I totally agree that sight-blocking terrain is very important during the zed apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Zombie looks hospital-y to me Matt, well done. :)

    Nice work on the portaloo and Mastermind chair too. Spy-fi base maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!
    I'm sure I've got some of those portaloos somewhere too, maybe I should dig them out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the secret project to paint everything you have that just needs to be black grey and silver?

    Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the zombie and the portaloo Matt. I've recently painted one of those swivel chairs (along with the furniture it came with), but still have no idea what your secret project might be ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funnily enough seeing that chair the theme tune played in my head. Nice work on the zed and love the urban furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another busy week. Keep the work going and you'll be back in the black (in terms of figures at least) in no time.

    ReplyDelete