Wednesday 27 January 2021

2021... Begin!

It's a new year, and therefore, it's time for a new post. 

This time it's more on my Japanese Bolt Action force. Pete is the enthusiastic owner of a 3D printer, and as part of his constant trawling of files turned up a couple of designs for the type 98 320mm spigot mortar.

This unusual weapon has a profile in the Mariana and Palau Islands campaign book, so I have rules for using it at least, so I fiddled about with some plastic sprues to make enough crew.

Winter sun gives you some very long shadows

The only slight fly in the ointment is that they don't seem to feature in any theatre selectors, so I can technically only take them in a generic Japanese platoon list. Will have to see if we can house rule an exception. 

I also painted the second mortar...

One of these is a weird unit I'll
struggle to field, so two of them...

I'll need to cobble together a second crew for that at some point.

So, there you go. I've painted some things! 

Unfortunately I also received some things from a Christmas gift voucher, so it's still January and I'm already in negative figures. But still, let's have a look:

Painted: 8

Acquired: 26

Lead Pile Reduction: -18

More work needed there.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment